Saturday, May 19, 2012

Boyd Dudley Koon


Tonight I was blessed with another little boy to love and given the new role of being an aunt.
Boyd Dudley Koon was born at 5:56 PM weighing 8 pounds 5 ounces and measuring 20 1/2 inches long.  Boyd is Luke's middle name and the name of his grandfather, who sadly passed away earlier this year.  Dudley is the name of our late great-grandfather, who adored Emily.  He is absolutely perfect and the spitting image of his father.

I have never been more proud of my sister.  She was admitted to the hospital at 8 PM Thursday night and the induction was started at 3 AM Friday morning.  The nurse said she was actually contracting on her own at 11 PM, so she was in labor for a whopping 19 hours.  Other than being exhausted and starving, she said it wasn't all that bad.
Emily was born to be a mom.  For almost 5 years now, she has been the next best thing to my boys.  Jack insisted on going to the hospital with me this afternoon and stayed with us from 4:30 until 11:30.  He was constantly asking when we could see Baby Boyd and MiMi and when we did get to go back, but Boyd was in the nursery, he insisted on staying at the nursery window watching him.  He brought his iPod Touch and took tons of pictures and said he wished that Boyd was already 4 years old.  









My grandmother had one of these glass booties for each of her children, 2 blue and 1 pink.  When the first 3 great-grandchildren were born, first a girl and then 2 boys to 3 different families, she had flower arrangements made up for each of them in the same vases.  I found the one that was given to Jack, so Mom could have a flower arrangement made for Boyd.  This one belonged to Mom's oldest brother, Duke, who is 57 years old.
Mom had cookies made up with his initials for the hospital guests.


You may have noticed one big cousin that was missing.  Marshall woke up with a few marks on his face.  Hand, foot and mouth has been going around in his class at preschool for a few weeks now.  I thought we had dodged that bullet, but when he woke up today with the marks, I didn't want to take a chance of him passing it onto Boyd.  I had their shirts made up by someone on Etsy.  They say their names above the 'B' in "Big" with "Cousin" at the bottom.  The 'I's are a can of worms with a fishing pole and a fish around the 'G'.  Boyd has a matching onesie with "Lil" on it.  Marshall had a great night with his daddy and I can't wait to see his face when he finally gets to meet "Baby Luke", as he was calling him tonight.  
I probably need to go ahead and change the title of my blog to "The Boys and Me" because I have no doubt Boyd will be making regular appearances.

2 comments:

Selena said...

How exciting! We have about 8 weeks before our Baby Weston arrives, and we will all have new titles, too... Uncle, Aunt, and Cousins! I can hardly wait - and it's not even MY sister! Can't imagine how proud you are of her. :)

Will be ordering the Cousin shirts for L & E, and for Baby W, too, I suppose... that's neat... Cookies were a great idea, too. :)

Did your mom make the sign for his door? So cute!

Congratulations and I love the traditions with the bootie!

courtney said...

just precious! emily looks great even though i'm sure she was exhausted.

the cookies are adorable, too!

i know you all were so exciting to meet that sweet boy!