We have had "big boy" furniture for Marshall for 6 months now boxed up in our garage in anticipation of our little climber escaping his crib. It never happened, but he has done so well sleeping out of the pack n' play on out of town trips that we decided to take the plunge and convert his room. Here are a few pictures, but it's still unfinished. I'll post more of the finished product.
This armoire might be my most favorite piece of furniture in the whole house. We found it at Pottery Barn Outlet when I was pregnant with Marshall and the pale yellow color wasn't enough to keep me from buying it. Even then I thought I would have to paint it at some point because it looks baby or girly. Well, instead of painting, I bought these decals off of Etsy to matching his bedding and I absolutely love the way they turned out! They were the perfect touch!
His room is so tiny that we went the twin bed route. I'm only posting this picture, so that you can see that he also has a trundle under his bed. That's the only way I could makes things even since Jack has a full size bed. He's actually sleeping on the trundle mattress right now because his mattress isn't scheduled for delivery until next weekend. Jack already has plans for a bunking party in Marshall's room once the trundle mattress is in place for him.
I love the way his bedding turned out and I couldn't believe I lucked up and found it. I wanted something with lime green, so we wouldn't have to paint the walls and I wanted yellow to match the armoire. Marshall loves tractor and can just about name every kind of tractor out there, so the theme was perfect!
We have changed out the roman shade and added sit around items to the bedside table and armoire top, but I haven't taken pictures yet. We still have a shelf to put together and we need to find some wall art. It's a work in progress, but Marshall loves it! So far so good!



1 comment:
So cute! We are moving E to a big boy bed in the new house, and I feel a little anxious, but I'm hopeful he will do fine.
Isn't it hard to believe that they are ready for big boy beds?
We threw our paci's away this morning, too... "Never growing up" isn't possible, I suppose. :/
Post a Comment