Saturday, May 12, 2012

Take Your Child To Work Day

Jack is extremely interested in Travis's work.  He has been to work with me lots and been with Travis to a few weekend dealers' events, but he's never been able to spend a full day with him.  Cars.com announced "Take Your Child To Work Day" and I don't know who was more excited, Travis or Jack.
Jack's professional attire was a little more relaxed than Daddy's with shorts and Toms.
I need to mention that Marshall had favorite character day that same day and I DID NOT forget that.  Of course, he had to pose if Jack was.
And it was really hard getting a picture of just Travis and Jack for the event.
Here are a few pictures Travis sent me of their day.



A few funny stories as I was told...the first time they called me on speakerphone Jack said "Daddy got pulled over by another cop."  Just the week before, Travis got a seatbelt violation.  Well, wouldn't you know he got pulled over for speeding with Jack in the car.  He'll never hear the end of it.  That day was also Family Picnic day for Jack's class at school and even though Jack wasn't going to school, he didn't want to miss the picnic.  Travis was super Daddy.  They drove 45 minutes to an appointment that morning, 45 minutes back for lunch at Jack's school and then 45 minutes back to another appointment.  Anything to keep our boys happy.  I think the last call of the day was Jack's favorite.  He buddied up with a car salesman and instead of going into the meeting with Travis, stayed with the salesmen.  When Travis came out of his meeting, Jack had been coloring, making paper airplanes and eating a snack.  He said that's where he wants to go on the next Take Your Child To Work Day.

No comments: