Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good Nite Lite

The transition of moving Jack from the crib to a full size bed didn't go as smooth as I had liked, but honestly, looking back on it now, it wasn't so bad. One problem I think he had was trying to figure out when it was time to get up. He would wake up in the middle of the night calling for me and I would have to tell him it was still time to sleep and I would come and get him when it was time to wake up. Kate went through a phase of getting up crazy early maybe a year or so ago and Liz found the Good Nite Lite, so when we started having the same problem I immediately ordered one for Jack.

At this early of an age, kids can't tell time, but they can grasp the concept of the moon means night time and the sun means day time. This night light has a clock on it that you set for the moon to shine when it's time for your little one to go to bed and the sun to shine when it's time to wake up.


Jack absolutely LOVES it! It took him a few nights of waking and me showing him the moon was still shining meaning it was still time to sleep, but once he got it, he got it! Every night when the moon comes on he yells "Moon on!" and every morning when he wakes up he looks at his light and if the sun is on he says "Time for me to wake up!", gets out of his bed and comes to find us. I still have a video monitor on him, so I've seen him on several occassions wake up early, look at his light and if the sun isn't on, he curls back up and goes to sleep. What an amazing invention!

Check out http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php to get one for your house.

No comments: