Friday, October 23, 2009

He's a Talker!

Jack is talking an unbelievable amount now. I just had to document some of his latest sayings.

"I just..."
I caught myself in Target today saying to Jack "I'm just looking." Until then, I had no idea where he had come up with this latest saying. Everything is "I just..." The other morning he got out of his bed and I stepped out of our room to see him come running towards me. The first words out of his mouth were "I just running!" If we walk into a room where he is, without even being asked he'll say "I just playing." or "I just eating."

"Almost"
"Almost" is a big word right now too. It takes Jack FOREVER to do anything! This drives me absolutely nuts in the mornings. He would sit on the potty for hours if I would let him. I'll say "Jack, are you ready to get off the potty and eat breakfast?" and he'll reply "Almost." Today I was upstairs when he got up from his nap and I heard him climbing the stairs "I coming, Mommy. I'm almost up there!"

"Work man"
ServiceMaster came today to clean our carpets, a rug and the baby's glider. I almost had them come on Wednesday and I almost had my dad come and sit here with them, so I wouldn't have to be here by myself with Jack since I would be at work and Jack would be at Alesia's. After the man arrived today and I found out he graduated from the University of Alabama and his daughter is currently a student there, I was glad that I didn't. Dad is such a talker that I swear he wouldn't have gotten a thing done for talking Alabama football. Well, I'm afraid I'm raising one just like him. Jack talked the poor "work man's" ear off. At first, he was eyeing the man's scrub-like covers over his shoes and finally said "I no wear shoes." Then while I was showing him the glider he was going to clean, Jack ran to his own Pottery Barn Kids chair and said "There's a spot on here." I heard him tell him "I go to Target to get balloons!" and he even pointed out the Halloween card he got from my aunt and uncle and said "I get a card!" Now I had already told the man that our dogs have accidents in our house, so it wasn't too embarassing when I was pointing out specific areas and Jack went ahead and said "Max and Marney pee there." Whenever the man would walk out the door, Jack would say "Mommy, work man go bye bye." He was very nice to Jack and I think Jack thoroughly enjoyed the company!

My "Paul pants"
My friend, Subo, has a 4-year old little boy, Paul, and she has been so generous in letting Jack borrow his clothes, shoes, etc. Here recently, I put Jack in a pair of cords and told him those were Paul's pants. That night I said to him "Jack, you look so cute in those pants!" and he said "They're my Paul pants. I tell Sesia that." The next day Alesia said "What are Paul pants? Fall pants?" and I had to tell her the story. Evidently, he told everyone that day he was wearing Paul pants.

No comments: