

After a stressful week and lots of guilt about spending more time running errands and working around the house than enjoying Jack, we grabbed some food and headed to the Townsend house for a couple of hours of lunch and the park with Lindsey and Taylor. Lindsey and I became best friends in high school when we cheered together and later became suitemates then roommates in college. When moving to Memphis, I moved right down the road from her on Mud Island and now we live about 7 minutes apart, but I'm ashamed to say that we hardly see each other. It's still a great comfort knowing she's close and we always have lots of laughs when we're together. The last time we were together was July and you can imagine how much Miss Taylor had grown since then. She's now crawling and cruising like crazy and from the moment Jack and I walked in the door she crawled up to us, pulled up on Jack and smiled the most beautiful smile! I know I've mentioned that Jack doesn't care for babies, but I was so proud of his reaction. He didn't exactly play with her, but he let her do as she pleased with him and that let me know what a wonderful big brother he's going to be to Marshall and also that he and Miss Taylor just might grow up to be great friends.....or maybe more when they're older. The pictures above were as good as it got of the two of them. We walked to a park close to Lindsey's house and Taylor giggled at Jack as he walked ahead. Such a little doll. If I can't have a little girl of my own, I think I'll just have a good time spoiling her!
1 comment:
We had so much fun with y'all. We really need to do it more.
Post a Comment