Sunday, October 18, 2009

Shopping with Daddy

We decided this would be the weekend to paint the nursery, so first thing Saturday morning Jack and Travis headed to Lowe's to buy the paint. Jack and I had already gone to Lowe's on Friday to pick out the paint and pick up a few cans of samples to test out. While I was there with him, he loved all the blow up Christmas decorations and the mowers out front. He especially loved the blow up Mickey Mouse and Santa. My sister had just been talking to him about Santa that morning, so he was delighted to see him. "Hi mowers!" he said and climbed on each and every one at least twice before I talked him into leaving. So when I told him Daddy was going back to the paint store, he was so excited to get ready and go with him. I think they had a similar experience with Jack loving all the blow-ups, but this time Jack spotted the pumpkins out front and wanted one. We have talked about taking Jack back to Cedar Hill Farms to the pumpkin patch, but haven't had time yet, so Travis decided to get him some pumpkins yesterday, but the ones at Lowe's just weren't big enough. They headed down the road to a big pumpkin stand and this is the picture I got on my phone from Travis.

He told me all about putting the pumpkins in a wagon and he "No ride train." Evidently, they had a train ride that he wasn't interested in the least bit in doing. They came home with a big one, a medium one and a baby one. Right now there's a baby one of everything to Jack. To entice him to stand up and go to the bathroom, we put toilet paper in as a target and he has to have a big one and a baby one. When the boys got home, the pumpkins had to come inside and we let Jack draw on them with his washable markers. I bet he spent all afternoon working on putting fun faces on them. Travis told him they would put a fun face on one and a scary face on another. Here's how I found him in my bedroom floor putting a fun face on the baby one. I wish you could how much marker he had on his own face.

No comments: